Two quick thoughts from today.
1. Met our housing agent Michael today and got the paperwork for our new house settled! Finally a load off my mind! He is a really nice and wise man, because throughout our paperwork settlement he started talking to us about Cyprus, Syria and world issues. The greek origins of the words democracy and economy, his outlook of the EU crisis and his own life story about how he set up the company. Intriguing to know about how much he knows about current affairs, and interestingly, how highly he thinks of Chinese government compared to the freedom that democracy presents here.
But one thing that really struck me was when he mentioned how we should wish that every minute was longer, instead of hoping that time passes faster. It's true when I think about how I constantly look forward to post exams during exam period, how I always pine the day I return back to Singapore etc. It's kind of ironic also how we always try to maximise our time by being more efficient and complain about not having enough time in a day, and yet still hope that time passes faster in our lives. Live every moment, is something that I've forgotten for quite some time. I've formed certain negative opinions about being efficient and multitasking about a while ago, but that'll take some time to explain so I shan't post about it here.
2. Second thought of the day. Went to watch London Philharmonic Orchestra with Willa today at the Royal Festival Hall. Used the discount on London Student Pulse (finally!) to get a really cheap 6 pound ticket:D excites** suddenly really loved classical music and orchestra pieces because 92.4 *yes the singapore FM radio station* has been my constant companion throughout exams(: while listening to the performance it suddenly struck me how difficult it must be to write an orchestra piece. Being a chorister I understand how difficult it is to imagine 4 sections (SATB) coming together to perform a piece, not to mention an entire orchestra with so many different instruments!
Also I kinda miss the feeling of performing on stage, and feeling the magic of being able to connect with each other and the audience all over again. It was a really fantastic performance, with emotional build up and feature of various instrumental solo portions(: had a really great evening!
Last note, had dim sum again today! haha more than I've ever had back in Singapore. Then again eating one bite of egg tart or char siew bao gives me so much happiness it's almost incredible.