this is it. the start of 2013. Surreal feelings
Shall update about pre new year before i start on my resolutions.
1. Visit by the leow family!
My parents came to visit me in London, and the feeling when I first saw my dad emerging from the train station is something I'll never ever forget. Being able to see them physically standing right in front of me was surreal. I suddenly felt stupid that back home when they were around me 24/7 i never treasured them as much. and it's only when I lose something then i appreciate what i really hold dear and close to heart. it was an enjoyable and most amazing seven days I've had this year with my family touring london and my school. See you next summer, mom, dad and zyong(:
2. EPIC spain trip!
immediately after my parents left i flew off to spain the next day. honestly i felt jittery about the trip because its the first time im travelling with friends only (without the school part) and planning my own trip! Especially to spain which is supposedly in recession and thus very chaotic. 5 cities in 12 days, ambitious much? but then again, it made me learn a lot, from taking care of myself to taking care of others, learning the language and appreciating architecture of world class standard. another thing i came to appreciate are my travel buddies, who really took care of everyone in the group(: ADEOS ESPANA! paris and france next choice destination!
--
Okay 2013 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
1. Be more decisive. This is really hard for me because i tend to weigh too much of pros and cons and look for good deals. and this was also the reason why i was so miserable in the first half of the year. INDECISIVE NO MORE. always remind myself to make a decision and stick with it, make the best out of it!
2. Don't multitask, start focusing on one piece of work and do it well. I always tend to juggle a lot of things simultaneously and not doing anything right. Technology is a major distraction. From now on i shall create a to do list and do one at a time(:
3. Give yourself occasional breaks and don't chiong. I wish i could revert back to the calm and relaxed self back in primary school where i could enjoy watching programmes, wait for my mom to scream at me to do work, always chiong last min but still do well :D teehee. I think I shant take on too many things I can't handle and be too ambitious.
4. Be a good friend and show care for people I love. I think coming here has made me realised how awful it feels to be alone, everyone needs a little love sometime, so i shall be a better friend to everyone around me and look at things from their perspective!
5. Challenge myself to things I've never done before! I think I should be more daring to do stuff here, cause at first I was really scared of a new environment. now that it has gone better, i think i should take up more chances to make overseas experience more fulfilling.
once again, to stay happy everyday is my personal life motto.
this list shall be edited as when needed (:
cheers!