I never knew how fortunate I was to be a student until now, when I'm no longer one and I'm working.
Everytime I think about how I dreaded school and wanted it to pass quickly I cant help but feeling regretful that I didn't cherish the time as much as I should. And perhaps tke more opportunities to go for outings gatherings meet new people hang out instead of simply studying (although school is supp to be a place of learning and exceling in your acads etc etc). And i think I was also quite lucky to be together with a group of people I love since I was in IP, and really never thought about how the o level track people got past their time in HC when everyone from hwach and ny already knew each other well and they were just trying so hard to fit in.
But all these regrets are perhaps too late, cause two years in hwach and four years in nanyang just pass in a whoosh...and now my education in singapore is perhaps over (if i go overseas). each time im on the bus I envy those school going kids so much >< because work is just a totally new environment, and since im being paid i feel obligated to do things, and these things are very routine. although I consider myself lucky for finding a job that gives me the chance to talk to patients, instead of purely data entry or other admin stuff.
these days i like to recollect my school days by looking at photographs, and smiling to myself like some idiot. feeling happy that I've experienced those moments, yet sad that they have already become a thing of the past.