ARGH PICTURE TOOLBAR PLEASE APPEAR SOON AND GRANT MY LIMELIGHT POST ><
--
I really enjoyed NDP this year. Although I didn't actually watch it at Marina itself and just through that tiny little TV screen, everything seemed so amazing.
Wow, really, I don't know why it seemed so magical to me. Perhaps Ive never actually paid much attention to the parade in the past few years. Even during P5 when I watched the preview or P6 when I watched on the actual day, this kind of feeling never once occurred to me. But this year I was looking forward to watching NDP, because in school, each time the past years' NDP songs were played, I felt so happy just singing along and feeling proud that I'm a Singaporean. Music works wonders really.
And then I was wowed by how much Singapore has gone through. My dad gave me a summary of all the Singapore history, LKY's ordeals etc. etc. I'm suddenly so inspired by how much people can change things and recreate things the way they are today.
Ok in the past, who would have believed that it's important to pay for rental instead of just using the free space on the streets? Who would agreed to their sons being sent into NS for 2 and a half years of pure torture? There are just so many uncertainties and hatred towards change. But LKY managed everything. Woah, this sounds like I'm brainwashed by propaganda, but it's unbelievable.
And while watching the performers showcase their talents on stage, singing, bands playing, dancers etc. I was just quite overwhelmed. And then I told my dad I wanna watch NDP live next year, or even better, perform at NDP.
This year's national day was so so wonderful<3